Visit our APPLICATIONS page for an adoption application.

All available cats and kittens are: spayed / neutered, de-wormed,
up to date on vaccinations and micro-chipped.


      Kittens $85

      Kitten Bonded Pairs (up to 1 year) $125

      Adult Cats (1 to 10 yrs Old) $75

      Adult Bonded Pairs $100

      Senior Cats (11 yrs or Older) $45


**Adoption fee waived for qualifying applicants under our Seniors for Seniors program**

* In the best interest of our kittens, we do not adopt kittens under the age of 6 months to families with children 6 years old and younger. We apologize for any inconvenience and if you have questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us. *





The Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) is one of the most misunderstood illnesses affecting cats.

The positive thing about the Feline Immunodeficiency Virus is that it is slow acting and is very fragile outside the body making it relatively hard to transmit. Play fighting, sharing food/water dishes and grooming will not transmit the virus. It can only be transmitted from cat to cat, through blood, bite or birth. It’s a feline-specific disease most commonly transmitted through a severe bite wound from unaltered males that are prone to fighting for food and territory.  Because it affects the immune system slowly over a long period of time you may see very minimal or no symptoms at all. These cats can lead a long, normal, happy, healthy life just like their unaffected counterparts.  There is no cure for FIV but good nutrition promotes good health and these cats will not necessarily burden you with extra medical expenses. When living in a low stress environment, with regular vet visits, and prompt medical care, FIV cats can have a great quality of life.

An estimated one million healthy FIV+ cats are euthanized each year because of misconceptions about this disease. Please help us save countless lives by adopting one of our FIV+ kitties and educating those around you.

Understanding FeLV

The Feline Leukemia Virus is actually very difficult to pass on to other adult cats. Close prolonged cat-to-cat contact is required to transmit the disease as it does not survive long outside the body.  It is also species specific and cannot be transmitted to people, dogs, or other animals.  The highest risk of infection is to kittens under 4 months of age. Of kittens over four months or adult cats, only 15% become permanently infected. The other 85% will produce antibodies to the virus and recover from the infection developing a lifelong immunity.

FeLV can affect a cat in many ways. The cat can fight off the infection and become totally immune, can become a healthy carrier that never gets sick itself but can infect other cats, or a mid-level case in which the cat has a compromised immune system. If a cat does become permanently infected, the immune deficiency may hinder the ability of the body to protect itself against other secondary infections. Because of this, common ailments that usually do not affect healthy cats can cause severe illness in FeLV cats. The median survival time for cats after FeLV is diagnosed is 2.5 years. Once a cat has been diagnosed with FeLV, careful monitoring of weight, appetite, activity level, elimination habits, appearance of the mouth and eyes, and behavior is an important part of managing this disease. Any signs of abnormality in any of these areas should prompt immediate consultation with a veterinarian.

If a cat living in a multi-cat household is diagnosed after co-existing together, the others may either carry the virus or have antibodies, rendering them immune (this is very likely if they are all adults). A second “Virus Neutralizing Antibody Test” should be administered 12 weeks later, to positively confirm whether it will be a permanent condition or if the cat was able to shed the virus. Ideally no intimate contact (such as grooming and sharing food and water dishes) with the infected cat is certainly the best route and simple precautions like separating their dishes and cleaning the litter tray out as soon as it has been used are sensible.

© 2014 Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY 14853-6401

©1999-2017 petMD, LLC

© 2016 by AniMeals No-Kill Adoption Center and Animal Food Bank.
 1700 Rankin St. Missoula, MT 59808  (406)721-4710

  • Instagram - White Circle
  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle

We Rescue. We Feed. We Heal. 

For Shelter Count and Statistics click here!